...Adventure begins...

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Oslo Torp - Yes, I am at it again!

*Guess where I am? Not at home. Not in England, though I was there yesterday. I am in... OSLO øslø OSLO!!!

I have not slept in almost 3 days. I caught the airplane to London at 8pm on the 3rd of August. Arrived at 2pm on the 3rd. I took the train to Victoria Station and the tube to Astor college, where my friend R is staying. She had left instructions for the security guard to let me in her room during the day, so I slept for about 30 minutes, washed a shirt that had been leaked on by a pen (A NEW shirt. good thing for Shout wipes) and then repacked.

R arived and then we walked for ages and ate the best curry ever (it was expensive though) then I took the Stansted bus to the airport. That was sort of a nightmare, as I had no idea whee to catch the bus, and I had only 3 minutes and everyone kept telling me a different directin. I arrived at the stop finally when a kindly Londoner took pity on me and LED me there (see, being cute helps!). It was chilly and I was all sweaty from running and then in the end the bud was 40 mintues late and I was freezing. My sweater was wet from when I washed it.

VERY miserable bus ride.
Long night at the airport.
Easy plane ride
2-hour bus ride TO Oslo

And I am here! My skin is so dry that I slit of finger with the nail of the ohter... by accident of course. My throat is so dry.... and I realized that I dinæt even know one word of norwegian.

Oh well, time for lunch!

1 Comments:

  • At 12:42 PM, Blogger ChannahShira said…

    Wearing a wet sweatshirt is not what a savvy traveller would do! I guess you could just go over to the island and remove it!

    Sleep must seem like a sweet memory to you.

    Don't forget to say:
    vaer sa snill (please) and tusen takk (thank you) when people are nice.

    Make sure you can find the "bad" (bathroom) when you need one. And if you are chilly, go to a cafe and tell the waiter that: " Jeg fryser" (I'm cold)"Jeg vil gjerne ha en kopp te" (I would like to have a cup of tea). Why not order some "kringle" (a kind of pastry) to go along with your tea.

    Enjoy your adventure.
    Mor

     

Post a Comment

<< Home