...Adventure begins...

Sunday, August 06, 2006

The only bargain in oslo

I am clandestinely using the hostel computers - as with everything else, they are overpriced.

Expensive city! For example, 6 avocado maki that cost 2.58$ at Sushi Express are 45 kroner, or almost 6$!!

There is, however an H&M, and all their clearance is 70% of! I bought a bikini bottom for 9kroner and wo hats for 26 kroner total. Good deals! My roommates were shocked when I told them that I had found something cheap here!

This is the city of bad fashion decisions. It is hot, and I am all about celebrating different bodies, but not everything has to be worn 3 sizes too small. Flesh bubbles out of the most unflattering places, and bras are optional.

In that spirit, I followed the crowd yesterday morning to a ferry that went to some of the islands narby. I am not a prude and i have skinny-dipped before, but topless at a family beach was a bit of a surprise. A WELCOME surprise, since the day was hot. The bikini bottom came in handy. AT first I swam in my bra but soon that was drying on the rocks and I was exposing a part of my body that has never seen the sun before to some loovely UV rays.

I bought a pizza from the supermarket for supper, and a salad from McD, but I was too tired to eat the salad so I gave it away to a beggar.

Todayæs meals will consist mostly of fliched breakfast goodies. i made an extra sandwich for any beggars I pass.

More later, time to slather sunscreen and explore!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home