...Adventure begins...

Wednesday, August 17, 2005

..And I said I wasn`t a tourist, eh?

So I got pickpocketed today. Oh well, it is only money, right? WRONG! Money means food and a soft bed and I need every Euro I can get. I hope whoever took it needs it more! At least I have documents and tickets - it was just a (rather large) banknote. Serves me right for carrying it in my pocket. GROWL! If anyone feels like starting a "Melanie Was Robbed" Banknote recovery fund....

Ironically enough, later in the day I found a wallet on the floor of the classroom and was kind enough to run down the street waving it at the students who had forgotten it. Karmic balancing? Maybe, but I am still robbed. I did find the cutest stiffed schwein-doll yesterday. Maybe tomorrow I shall find a million Euros...

After class today I rode the bus for awhile to see the city, and then I came down to the main bus station. Since I am lucky enough to have one of my bestest friends visiting me for the day in Salzburg I wanted to scope things out for her. R, if you are reading this, there are lockers in the station that will fit your suitcase, and it is the number 3 bus in the direction Salzburg-Sud, stop of Poleitzidirektion. The lockers are under track 3. I will probably be there though, we will see.. the train sure is getting in early...

Now that the rain has stopped the city sure is beautiful. There are mountains on every side with villas overlooking the city, and old castle gates, and castles. To every side! And music and musicians everywhere, and beside the Mozarteum there is a puppettheatre where they do Marionette shows to operas. It is an amazing city, really. Much better than the dive that is Frankfurt.

That is all - email me anyone!

3 Comments:

  • At 6:30 AM, Blogger la petite lotte said…

    This is appalling! Some evil character reached right in your pocket and you didn't know it? The creepiness factor might be worse than the money-loss factor (depending of course on how much money you lost!)

    I'm looking forward to seeing you! Any ideas where in Paris I could buy an adaptor for the video camera? I thought I'd read the fine print, but it turns out the Canadian version of the camera ships with a cheap 110 adaptor :P :P

    --R

     
  • At 8:29 AM, Blogger Melamondiale said…

    I have no idea - oooh, my first comment! - Why do you need an adaptor? Just to charge it?

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger la petite lotte said…

    Yep. I need to charge it. Sigh. The camera uses the same manuals for all the versions, so you have to read the very very very fine print to find out that the N.A. versions are NOT dual voltage :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home