...Adventure begins...

Monday, October 17, 2005

The Antique Market II

I didn't even get a chance to describe the wonderful antique/flea market in Budapest.

Now, usually at a market overseas there are ugly old clothes and cell-phone covers. Perhaps some books and that is all. At this market there was china and furniture, Red army hats and Russian boots. There were a scary number of Nazi pins and uniforms and armbands and currency, and a TON of communist memorabilia. There were some gorgeous art deco pieces - also old jewellery.

I fell in love with a statue of a girl (which broke in Gatwick airport) from Hungary and a cream cup from Czeck..um, however that is spelled....that is all art deco and wonderful.

I even drank a coffee there and it had so much cream on it it didn't even taste like nasty coffee!

It was so much fun! I fell in love with an ink set that was tres overpriced and which I did not buy. Most of the sellers were gypsies and the languages were Hungarian and Roma-language. Luckily I had a translator! Oh, it was so much fun! At least those pictures are not gone.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:44 AM, Blogger ~ruthie said…

    I'm sorry to hear about your broken statue, and your lost memory cards. I hope that you had a safe flight back to Canada.

    Thanks again for sharing your adventures!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home