...Adventure begins...

Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Le Potpouurri







Les Photos
1. Cute drooly horse
2. Breakfast I cooked (woolen mouse included)
3. Monster Slug in Salzburg
4. That is art. Apperently.
5. The Marionette Theatre
6. In the masterclass in Salzburg with Dr. Miller

Actuallement, it is a nice hat
More comments on the hat. This morning the slack-jawed yoklel guy in the restaurant beside this cafe gave me a look - actuellement he stared at me for about 30 seconds - and said "J`aime votre chapeau". Merci, idiot de village. I like it too. Or I would not be wearing it. I am not being trop sensitive. Saying mon chapeau is pretty is an opener to a conversation and a tagging-along pesky boy.
...How much did you say?
Getting off the train last night, I noticed a group of men and women sitting on the bench in a little pak near the station. I walked by. They LOOKED at me. I walked on. They LOOKED at me again. This had actually happened the night before with the same group of people, so I figured that either they recognized me from the competition, or I looked like a niece or something. No, the man got up and crossed the street and said I was nice and when was I leaving. Then hu put his hand on my arm and said that he would love to take me for a drink tomorrow. Sure, buddy, how much? Just kidding, mum! I mumbled something and then hoofed it to the hotel.

Speaking of the Train
I almost missed the last train last night. I thought I would have a heart attack. I walked from here to the trolleys and waited and the ride to the station seemed to take forever. Then at the station I ran and everyone stared at me (maybe it was the hat...or my crazed look). I got to the train and got the yett from a conductor because I didn't have a reservation. I had been under the impression that only if I was taking to train long distances (it was ultimately a train to Nice) did I need a reservation. I looked at him and asked in pitiful English "But...what do I do now..." And he let me on. Phew.

People Watching
A truly enjoyable experience for a Windowshopaholic is to 1. Take pictures of cute outfits and 2. Recognize clothes on people. Yesterday in 2 hours of strolling I saw: A shirt straight from the scary fashionistas of the 80s that said "who's the Boss" on it. I actually had almos the same shirt when I was 7, but that wasn't MY fault back then. I had just scorned it in favour of my giraffe shirt. When I saw her the big inner marquee started flashing: Girl Proudly Wears Ugly 2€ Shirt. I clutched the bag with my much more attractive 2€ shirt and kept looking. Next was a lady with brown pom-poms attached to her purse. Why? No-One knows. I did know thought that they came from H&M, right up the street. The next girl I saw was wearing the ankle-length blue H&M skirt that I had been coveting the day before. It was a truly stunning skirt. It was also on clearance. Soon I saw another girl wearing a dress made out of the the same material of one of my H&M skirts. No secret where she got that. Then yet another girl wearing a black skirt from H&M...and I own the same one!! And it is from last year! Heh heh.. What fun there is to be had in France!

Today I move out to a B&B on a farm. It is cheap and they hav a piano. Back to working on my applictions...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home