...Adventure begins...

Monday, September 26, 2005

Und tag im Munich

In 2 hours I go to Vienna. I am torn. I feel that I should be out walking all around this Bevarian city and enjoying the crowds and the great weather, but all I want to do is sit. My legs say "Nein!"

I did use them to get to Marionplatz, where I bought lunch at the Market there - Hommous, bits of Feta in tomato sauce, and a pretzel and bread to dip. The market was fun to see (especially since I knew R had been there just a few weeks ago), but the cheese was hard to eat ohne fork, and the only places to sit were at the beer gardens. Well-dressed people were sitting all over eating, so I found a ledge, plopped down and had a great lunch. I bought a green prune for dessert (so good!) and some for dinner tonight.

I also used the feet to get to the apotheke (pharmacy, though here most drugs are over the counter, it seems...), where I got a cream for my feet, which are really dry from all the use, probably) When I went to buy the cream, I was trying to explain in german, and I used a bunch of really relevant words (or so I thought), and all of a sudden her face lit up and she announced really loudly in the small store: AHHH, I understand! A YEAST infection!

Cry.

Now I must convince my tired feet to go to the post office, where we are mailing an illicit purse and some books to my sis. Am I a horrible person not to take advantage of bing here? Probably so. I took a lot of pictures to compensate.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home