...Adventure begins...

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Feisty Parrot

The headlines in the paper here today (there is a late edition and an early edition - good thing papers are cheap!) read:

FEISTY PARROT STOPS ROBBER
(Parrot got all het up when robber came into a JoBurg home. Robber was later shot dead, but the parrot made the front cover of the late edition)

2 CHILDREN DIE IN BUSS ROLLOVER

10 DIE IN BUS ACCIDENT

4 MORE DIE IN BUS CRASH
(we will not be taking any buses!)

ER SHOOTING IN CAPE TOWN
(no, for once it is not an actual shooting. Noah Wyle and company are here to shoot African episodes of ER and we are going to Cape Town and sister is getting into the stalking mode)

This is not in the newspaper, but for interest's sake, guess who is here: Paul Martin! Lose and election, come to Africa. Seeme logical to me. He is probebly not coming to the High Comission, but he is here. Also in the waiting room of the HC is a new picture of our NEW Prime Minister - it has been blown up from a very low-pixel internet image and looks SOO cheap. There is no better picture on the internet, I guess...

Let's see, what else is new...
It is raining, and last night was a terific thunderstorm. Today I went on a business lunch to discuss logistics for one of the concerts here. Tonight is the dress rehearsal for another concert. Honestly, when I bought sister tickets for an opera at the Arts Centre here I did not imagine that I would be singing with that company at that arts centre 5 months leter - it is wierd how things work!

If I can think of anything else I will write another post. I have to work on the program for one of the concerts...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home