...Adventure begins...

Friday, February 03, 2006

The AIDS children

Today I went around with two of the military wives (whose husbands are here to ensure CONSTANT VIGILANCE and the security of Canadians, or something) to a school they had renovated, and an AIDS orphanage.

The kids at the school (which was about 40 minutes from Pretoria in a township) started crying when we came in because they had never seen a white person before, much less three. They were sute toddlers, but even cuter were the boys outside working to clean the street. When they saw that I had a camera they got all excited and motioned that I should take their picture - they posed with each other and with their donkeys - they were so sweet! They were about 6. 8 and 9 and I gave then each some candy and a toy, and go their address from their older brother (they didn't speak any english) so I can mail them prints of the pictures.

The babies at the AIDS orphanage were adorable. The didn't look sick, just like sweet babies. There were only 4 there at the moment - the goal of the place is to foster them with families who ensure that they stay nourished and that they receive their medications.

Honestly, though, I think I prefer kids a little older than babies. Babies don't really do much, do they?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home