...Adventure begins...

Saturday, September 02, 2006

Whz I love Budapest!

I love Budapest! I was not sure what would make todaz fun and special, but it was the best day. In brief..

I woke up and showered and dressed quickly and after munching a free hostel croissant I hurried next door to the huge market. It is a food market, and I wanted to buz something foody to munch. Corn? Beans? Plums...? Finallz I foumd a stand selling pints of blackberries for 190 HUF. That is 72 cents a PINT. I bought two, had themm dumped into a bag, and munched my way down the road to where I was going to meet my Budapest friend Edit. I walked and walked and realized suddenly that I did no have the address. Somoethng about an insurance building...

A few minutes and a minor panic later, we met off and were on our way to the Ecseri market. Anyone who knows about my Budapest advenures knows that I was coveting an art nouveau brass ink pot holder. I was HOPING it would still be there and would not be too expensive (The market is run well. It is basicallz a flea market that brands itself as an ANTIQUE market. Antiques are SUPPOSED to be expensive...(

Well, Edit and I found the ink holder. It had been waiting there for me. It was reallz expensive still so we decided to look a little first. We had a plan. I LOOKED things that I wanted and she asked the price. No English. English drives up prices.

I adored looking at the booths, and Edit is the perfect companion. She was looking at furnature and lace and I was looking at art nouveau brass and porcelain. I bought a beautiful old photograph and an art nouveau pitcher (it was half the price of the ink holder). Also a little porcelain statue that matches the one I bought last year.

Then we ate LANGOS. Oh, for the love of Langos! They are deep fried pastries (and I have not eaten anything deep fried for months, yum yum). On top is spread sour cream and moyerella cheese. Then a bit of garlic and salt. SO SO good. Se split one (healthier than 2) and then split a second one.

After the market I went back to Edit's houst for a delicious lunch and an fun afternoon of plazing music and chatting. I love this sitz. Just saying! Tomorrow on to the mineral baths...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home