...Adventure begins...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Dufreche BB

I am still in the middle of nowhere and O is it sweet! There was a huge thunderstorm in the middle of the night - the first one in weeks apparently. The day was hot with a bit of a breeze, and I spent the time repacking - again! -, reading (this place is run by Brits so there are piles of English books. Recent ones too), and memorizing two German songs. Breakfast here had hot bread and home-made jam, and there just may be freshly laid eggs and fresh fig jam tomorrow (I am going to think of the fig jam all night, o yes I am!)

Today we went to the little Spanish-architecturally influenced town of Ailles. We went to a charmant cafe (wine 2E, coke 3E) and walked arount the villade> I fould the most darling embroidered sandals, though I did not buyt hem> I did buy three postcards of watercolours of the town and the area. If I ever have a kitchen they will be up above the breakfast nook window (like on Palmerston).

Tomorrow the Dufreche people have invited me to tag along to a market where they are buying ducks (or, as the Brits would say, wee duckies) and 2 chickens. What fun, fun! This week hasn't dragged at all, and I am so ready for my first agent audition next week. I think I may have a second one too, next week, and a coaching, plans in the works...

A bit more about the farm here. First, they have a blog too! http://www.dufreche.blogspot.com/ . They also have three dogs, a cat, and a little charcoal-gray kitten that one of the dogs carries around in her mouth. Even though it was kind of cloudy tonight, you could still see the milky way. sigh!

Strange thing about the French: (yeah, I know... only ONE strange thing?) Apparently it is the custom to name your pet with certain letters for certain years. This year is A. The cat's name is Albie. Althought this might seem very very strange it is certainly helpful at the ve or someplace when they want to know what year your kitty is born and you just can't remember...

I saw 3 men in black berets. It is time to go to bed, but I would absolutely recommend coming here for anyone who wants a delightful, inexpensive holiday. Even coming single isn't too bad, everyone here makes great company...

Bon soir from moi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home