...Adventure begins...

Wednesday, August 16, 2006

7 am in Eastern Europe

...and I am already annoyed!

At 7:00 exactly the banging started from accross the street at the construction site. Metal on metal. Bang banggg. I thought it was the gong for the free breakfast or something (which would be pretty lame as it is just buns and jam), but it did not stop.

I stumbled out of bed, clutching my swelling hand. Yup. Today is disfigurement day. Outside the ground is covered in 2-inch slugs (I had forgotten the slugs).

I came in here to check on my drying laundry, and right beside them the handyman was having his ciggie. My clean laundry in scent-free detergent!!

Conversation with the handyman:

Me: "Ack! My clean laundry will smell like smoke!"
He: "Smoka? Ya! Is Me!"
Me: "I KNOW it is you, you are smoking right besid... groooowl!"

Growl. Oh well, I didn't come to Poland for fruity umbrella drinks.
Handyman sounds consumptive. I hope he doesn't cough up his lung right on my socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home