...Adventure begins...

Monday, August 14, 2006

...from Stansted airport

I am in the WH Smith past security in the Stansted airport. It is a madhouse in here, as nothing but a passport, money and key fobs are allowed past security. They took away my pen about 3 seconds after the Ryanair staffer said that I was allowed to take it. The bag they had was FULL of goodies - makeup and lighters and my grotty but loved pen. Oh well, it is just an old bic.

My face is sort of burning right now. It may be from the thick fingerful of clinique moisture surge I swiped from the duty-free. I look like a slimy monster I bet, but I NEED the moisture.

The airport is MAD. Luckily for me, Ryanair allowed an extra 10 Kilos or weight. I didn't get a lot of sleep, since a group of Rastas were drumming and singing all night. I asked a bobby if he could please ask them to keep it down. He gave me a LOOK and said that they weren't doing anything illegal and it was not that loud (it was). Whn I asked them they gave me a LOOK also and started banging louder. Grr.

It is nice to be through security. I have no idea how long it will take to get to Sweden, so I am going to brave the bookstore queue and buy a book. Nothing else, really, just that I was probably the only one NOT given a body patdown. For ONCE. No disaster, open season on Melanie patting, terrorist threat, and I get no love !!
more from Malmo (or Copenhagen)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home