...Adventure begins...

Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Try 3 - Oslo Torp

This post was just erased. SO annoying! I will type fast and be brief so that it will not happen again. Not that I have anything that interesting to say, but the toddler screaming in the airpot terminal has such a piercing voice that the noise makes me break out in a cold sweat. Honestly. Of course she or he will be on my flight. Lucky me. Apparently I cannnot press enter. Got it. I arrived here a few minutes ago on the shuttle from Oslo. I pushed my way off the flight and into the front of the Ryanair line, which means that my boarding card is number 58, and as one of the first 90 to board, I get priority. Perfect. I slept for most of the bus ride, so it went really fast. I have not slept much here, there is just too much to do and to see. I have to go find some beer or mini-drink for R. I looked everywhere in town, but all there was was Tubourg, which we can get at home anyway. The liguor stres are centralized I think, called Likormonopol or something creative, and they were all CLOSED! Instead I browsed in a jewelery shop looking for troll beads. There were not any beads, but there was a water cooler, and I poured a cup of water for myself and then one for the beggar sitting outside. It was at least 31 degrees today! And then I exchanged my kroner into pounds. I had taken out way toomany kroner for my frugal plans, and now it is in tidy overvaluedpounds. The rate was really good, with no commission.Oh, I have learned so many words here - a few: Velkommen is welcome, Utgang is gate, but I have also seen it used as exit. Innland is domestic. And themost important is SALG, which is sale in Norwegien! Thank you mum for many other useful words. I am listening right now ti Bruckner symphony 0 (yes there is one) on my nifty MP3, and that is all, I guess. If this gets erased I will cry. Not that there is much to say in it, but I have typed it so many times. Oh, my wasp bite itches. I went to another apothke to ask why the cream was not workiong and they said they had no idea, it is SUPPOSED to work. The itch/swelling radius is 1.5 inches in every direction from the bite. The bite HURT for 2 days and I was okay with that. Wasp bites are supposed the hurt. Then my sensitive body decided that perhaps it should react. Body, this was not a mosquito. Why are you doing this to me?!?! I did not see ONE mosquito in Norway. I love this country. I am going to murder that baby. Sorry mum, buy HONESTLY. If youcould hear it! One scream after another.. not crying, SCREAMING...

2 Comments:

  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger ChannahShira said…

    Poor baby! Must have an earache or some terrible pain if he/she is crying (screaming) so hard.

     
  • At 2:08 AM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Sissy, screaming babies are just not your thing. You are just so sensitive! Perhaps when you have kids, you can leave them with mom for the first few years and take them back when they are done their screaming phase.

    I miss you lots! Have wonderful adventures with R!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home