...Adventure begins...

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Another sleepless night *or* the price of free

The first round of competitors sang last night: The audiance adores one girl from Japan who was adorable but could not hit the high notes very well and was just okay. She picked a good aria. There was a Korean Baritone and a Bass who were fantastic singers but who didn't bother to change expression and who just moved their arms a little bit. There was a Mezzo who sang Una Voce with a lot of enthusiasm (French I think) and a soprano from Roumanie with a huge fake wig who also sang well. Myfavourite was a Mezzo from Roumanie who sang Handel. There were some pretty awful singers too; a orean Bass who growled out an Urecognizeable French aria (notes AND diction) and a Brazilian girl who sang Glitter and be Gay like a horse. She actually NEIGHED the runs. As one girl there said: "Wow, nobody else sounded a BIT like her." Phew, small blessings! I do not think I could deal with more neighing singers!

Qnother host family was there with their singer (the neigher) and their teenage kids and I hung out. They made fun of the singers and showed me around the backstage of the theatre. Reminds me of W and I. Why did I not get THAT family??

Last night after the performances my hosts were in a good mood. There was smoing and talking unti 1am. Right below me. Myroom stank of paint and smoke. The neighbour let her dog out at 1:30 an yelled at it for awhile. Finally the house was quiet, and...

Bzzzzzzzz

Another Mosquito! Not fair! The windows were not open it was stuffy and unbearabe and still there is a mosquito! I waited 30 minutes but it dod not come out, so I turned the light out again.

Bzzzzzzzz

And again, and again. Finally I put my feet out for bait (they were far from my ears) and fell asleep. 5:30 I woke up with my feet burning and a little bite on each one; and one on my leg.

When I woke up this morning I was not in the best of moods. I washed myhair and checked the bus schedue. The only bus for 2 hours was leaving... NOW? ! Well, It was not Germany, so I had a few minutes. I stuffed shoes and stockings and makeup in my backpack, and ran down the stairs.

The lady (I don't even know their names) stoppe me at the door. "Where are you going?" she asked. "What about breakfast?"
I said (In FRENCH...GOOD French° that I was exhausted. I have bites all over and I am allergic to peint and smoke and I have to go.
As usual, she either did not understand me or she did not understand what I was saying. She asked me if I did not need to eat.

Hm, I thought. A meal of stale brown bread, cherry jam and religious questions? No THANK you! "Non merci" I called, sprinting to the bus. "See you there!"

Poor lady is probaby confused. But I am itchy. That is worse!





There are 2 more days of singers and I sing today. But I have hardly slept in 4 nights...it is not fair! To come so far and not be able to to a great job. cry! I hate paople

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home