...Adventure begins...

Saturday, September 17, 2005

A treat!

I was going to sleep at the airport tonight. I had researched it and I was sure I was going to. But I am just too tired! I found a last-minute deal on a 4-star best Western with a JACUZZI in Brussels. Cheaper than the hotel I had here, and it is an an amazing location. Hurrah weekend specials! It is money I did not want to spend, but I can't sleep at the bloody airport..the sleeping at airport page doesn't rate the Charleroi airport very highly...

Life is better with a Jacuzzi, I bet!

(Just a note - I am getting very good at the Death Stare. As in, try to flirt with me or whistle or cluck or whatever at me and you get a Death Stare. Boys are so stupid sometimes!)

My mum just came on MSN messenger. Isn't that a treat! I can't wait to get to the hotel. I smell like cheap pizza and the steam from the giant vats of eggs and sausage that were blocking the streets. Mmmm, cloud of grease... (I didn't EAT them, just got enveloped by them). I hope there is something good on the french TV tonight... this morning there was Delta State in French - I wonder if they originally talk french or english? It is not like you can read their lips, since they are cartoons. I know - big nerd. However, it is nice to watch something Canadian.

The guy in charge of the internet cafe just came over, tapped my shoulder and sang to me Vouz avez rester plus longtemps que vouz avez diiiiittt" (I had to register to use these bloody computers and he was treated to a "why should I register I will only be here for 30 minutes and then I am leaving Namur forever" rant.) I answered that I am a girl and I can changez mon avis tous les 5 minutes. Heh heh... it is TRUE!

The bathrooms here cost .30 centimes to use. I wonder, will they ever go up? IS there inflation for bathrooms? It is not like the facilities actually improve...still, I don't enjoy paying anything. The rooms are a lot cleaner than the free toilets in NYC. Hint to travellers: The french don't understand Salle De Bain. And don't call the belgians Francais unless you want a lecture (I got one yesterday) they are FRANCOPHONES BELGIQUES.

On to Brussels and Rome!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home