...Adventure begins...

Thursday, October 06, 2005

Rome. Again.

I am in Roma again. I splurged and spent 5 Euros more than usual on the hostel for tonight, and I have found the ebst hostel ever. There are mood lights and mood music and free internet and English movies playing in the lobby and I snagged a copy of Angels and Demons from their book wall - Which is great because although it iw shat everyone and their dog is reading, it takes place in Rome. Also, last time I red it was right before the end of my trip a year ago, so it is a Good Omen that I actually get to go home in 10 days.

While I was on the train this morning there was some announcement that set the elderly people in front of me abuzz. Some great train sale for october. I would love to go see the leaning tower of Pisa, so I hope it was a great train sale and that I can go do that this Sunday.

The train. Although by the end of the ride my clothes and hair had the Train Smell that I so loathe, it was the nicest train ever. I have discovered a secret, I guess - If you go during early hours, the train will be a COMMUTER TRAIN, with hooks for hanging suits and clean little tables, and even video cameras to make sure people behave &@#$@#$%!@#$ the paranthesies are not working. I cannot find them, so Imagine them.._+}"{L{{{ well that is close anyway {although I would normally resent Big Brother camers on a train, I hoped it would prevent some of the silly train nonsense. Perhaps it did, although people still smoked and one lady sprayed her new shoes with some protecting varnish that stank up the entire train. The shoes were not even pretty enough to be worth protecting}

The views from the train were stunning this morning. There was a low fog creeping through the fields and trees and the sun peepking from behind the mountains...

Someone just bought pizza. MMM.. I think I will forgo the Roma McDs boring garden salad for pizza. No WONDER all the ninja turtles came from Italy!

A last word on the Living Free in Sulmona. Unfortunately the restaurants were really nasty. The first day they were a novelty. However, for lunch the second day I was spooning some Anti-Pasta Mushroom onto my plate when I thought I saw a rack of spindly legs {cockaroach legs..}. I took a close look and... I will never know if they WERE legs or not, because under them was a giant larvae. EwW!! I left it conspicuously on the plate and walked out, to another restaurant.

There I ordered pasta con fungi *I know.. the mushrooms again...and instead of using oil, I think she used a sauce of chicken fat or something. It was good, but that is not the poin. And there was a dead fly in the vinegar. I did not even use my free meal ticket for last night. Buying a slice of pizza seemed so much safer.

I am so hungry. Must get pizza.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home