...Adventure begins...

Thursday, August 24, 2006

Sunshiny Day

It is such a beautiful day here in Salzburg! I have finished with my singing obligations for the day and it is not yet 1pm. Hurrah! What to do?? I donät need to shop (except maybe for a Yoghurt to drink for lunch, or a pretzel that is not made with lard), and I am not dressed for hiking. Probably I will wander around and watch the tourists, and sit on the hill by the river (?? I wonder what river it is.. Danube? Vistula? time to google) SALZACH, and read a book.

It soure would be more fun with my sissy here, but alas she is faar away. She would probably make us hike, which is healthy and a good regional activity.

Living in Schloss Frohburg (where the Sound of Music was filmed) is great fun. I actually got a note from the cleaning staff this morning asking me (in German) to bitte move my bags off the floor so that they can sweep every day. On the floor I had: A bathmat. A second (liberated)bathmat. Two pairs of shoes. My purse. A bag of wool. Not exactly clutter! The whole place is very clean, and this morning while I was boiling eggs in the kitchen three tourists burst through the door, video camera filming. Yikes!

The air is amazing and fresh. I understand why people take "mountain cures". (As long as it is not raining, then the air smells like slugs). I watched the sun set over a nearby mountain last night, and it was so beautiful! I wish I could see some of the operas, but they are all SOLD OUT. Ah well, another singer may be able to get me into the dress rehearsal of one of them.

That is all, time to eat my eggs (some of them even come with feathers stuck to them).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home