...Adventure begins...

Thursday, July 19, 2007

Morocco - Rabat, Day 1

So, I am finished my first full day in Morocco. Thus far it has certainly been interesting, and different from anything that I have done before. Actually, to be honest, Morocco is *exactly* like my favourite old Sierra game, "Hero's Quest". I think it was Hero's Quest III, set in an Arabic city near a desert... uh, Morocco, anyone?

So, I am here, and what have I done? Well, last night I attended a goodbye party for Karine, a Canadia diplomat who is returning to Canada.
The language of the party was French. I was jetlagged and exhausted and although I KNOW French, I found it hard to put together answers, especially with Vouz and Tu changing from person to person.

Anyway, it was a good party, with a to-die-for mango sorbet/merangue cake for desser. The house was a mansion, with mosaic terraces, a fountain, 2 wings, chandeliers, and amother huge mosaic that took up the entire dining room. And a wooden, hand-carved ceiling. SO great. Lucky diplomat who gets assigned THAT residence.

The party went on and the drinking went on and ON so I decided to have a snooze in one of the many guest bedrooms. I slept for maybe an hour, wne I was half-awakened with THAT feeling. Something was wrong. Something was wrong... with ME! But it didn't make sense! All through the party people had been boasting that nary a mosquito ever dared venture near Rabat. Not a one. But my face felt hot, and I felt poison coursing through my blood.

Sure enough, I had a bit on may forehead and another on my EYElid, which had already started to well. I showed my disfigurement to the even-drunker gaggle of diplomats, and soon was rewarded with Rebecca offering to leave (hurrah!)

Whew, all this writing and I am not even at today! I am going to send this in case it gets erased by accident...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home