...Adventure begins...

Monday, October 10, 2005

Hungry in...well, it is not hard to guess

I am in Eastern Europe! Isn't that wierd!

I managed to buy a weekly metro pass and find the hostel (which was an adventure in itself, which at one point involved me cursing very loudly in frustration until a pregnant girl helped me to read the address - I had the numbers mixed with the region...never mind)

It is certainly not Western Europe. There are Burger Kings and Subways, but the Subway itself is ancient, and... that is all I have seen thus far. Time to go explore.

This morning I wanted a little adventure, so I walked down to the forum and looked at the ruins. It was fun, and it was Still Sunny. Two days in a row!

At the airport I met a group of Florintine nuns who started talking to me about opera and singing, as we waited in line. They were from the US, and Brazil, and Poland and Italy. I gave them a demo CD of mine, as one of the nuns of their order adores opera. Then we talked about how to start to learn Hebrew - the roots of the words etc. What an interesting conversation. The funniest part was when I was trying to hide one of my bags so they would not see that I had 3 instead of one to carry on, and the Brazilian nun said:
" Give it to me to hold while you check in. They will think it is mine" Hee hee, nobody questions a nun! (I assume blatent deception is easily forgivable in their order)

The hostel here is the top floor of a walk-up building. It is echoey and woody with 2รถ foot ceilings. I can't wait to see more of this place.

Time to eat

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home