...Adventure begins...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

The Medusa Day

Everything I touch breaks. No, let me rephrase that. Everything I touch today breaks. First my favourite red sweater - the one I wore in the picture on the front of the Hebrew CD. It is warm and just baggy enough so I look really pretty and model-chic in it. Today I put it on (freshly-washed!) and the entire collar fell apart. Then later in the day I touched the front pocket of my purse and it fell OFF. Just disintegrated in my hand. I bought the purse at the London airport and it was supposed to last 8 more days!!

Today was a busy day. It was pouring as usual, but I had a specific task to acomplish> Buying my b-r-o-t-h-e-r his bi-r-t-h-d-a-y p-r-e-s-e-n-t. What I wanted to purchase is better to buy on the streets than in an actual store, but one has to happen upon a vendor (in an alley or a subway tunnel usually)

I started at the market in Campo de Fiori. There were giant fish heads and flowers and vegetables, but not what I needed.

Next I headed to trastevere. It was pouring so hard that I kept popping into churches to keep dry. Nothing in Trastevere.

Next to the Spanish steps. No luck there. Then to the Termini. And the Foro. And the tomb of the unknown soldier. And the Colosseo. No luck there. Finally I tried the Vatican, and SCORE! I b-o-u-g-h-t what I n-e-e - well, it was Success!

It is really hard to watch South Park movie and type, so I will write more later.

However, I did buy an umbrella today. I stopped most of the umbrella vendors *but not all* from harassing me. Although it has already fallen apart it was great for poking at cars that tried to run me over and people blocking the path!

Okay, time to watch the movie and lost a few IQ points.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home