...Adventure begins...

Saturday, October 08, 2005

Rainy Rome II

I need to learn Romen Numerals better. I understand V and I and M andC but...D??and there are a couple others, and everything around Rome has confusing dates on it. That is on the list of things to learn back at home. The rest of the list is:

-Physics
-More Astronomy
-Art History
-Architecture
-Something about the Classics
-Geology

I am feeling so unprepared to see the colesseo or the art in the Vatican Musieum or the strange flowers orricks.. I want to know everything about it all, it is so interesting...

It is raining again. And time for breakfast.
The breakfast here is at a little restaurant outside that has set up a sweet little Buffet,free with the hostel. There is, however, a typically Italian frustration. Yesterday, the people in front of me in line were handed a basket of bread when they entered the restaurant. The girl who then pushed in front of me was handed a bun and a croissant (everyhting but bread was in the Buffet). I sat down and waited and waited and finally I got up and wetn over to the waitress and asked if I could have a bunand a croissant.
"Which one?" she asked.
I replied that I would like one of each, and I was told that only the people from the hotel received buns and croissants and us hostellers got our choice. I objected that all around me werepeople from our hostel with buns AND croissants and I just got a dirty look. I wonderif I will get EITHER today.

Sometimes travelling is sure tiring! (But Budapest will be so exciting!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home