...Adventure begins...

Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Internet Cafe

I am in an Internet cave which absolutely reeks with BO. I need to print out some Hebrew music for tonight and it is just not working. I am paying for computer time and the guy is being no help. Ah, Eastern Europe (he just finally hame over.. ANGRILY.. and helped... well, sorry Rasputin, but I am not a computer expert!)


I woke up early this morning (In Rome everyone is out of the Hostel and exploring by 7am ,but here they are out all night and who knows when they get up - I am always gone) and took the subway to the Baths. There are three main bath houses in the city, and I went to the Szechenyi baths, in (not hard to guess) Szechenyi park.

The bathhouses are very important apparently in hungarian culture - before I leave I hope to see the other two houses. It is a bit expensive to get in the baths, but the admission price is for 4 hours, and if one only stays 2, which is plenty of time to steam bathe, half the money is refunded. 4$ for two fun hours is definitely worth it!

The bathhouses have a Solarium and massages which cost extra (and one can rent all sort of things from bathing trunks (!) to towels), but the basic admission price includes a locker (which is safe because it is watched by an attendant even when it is locked) and all of the pools, which in this bathhouse include a Sauna, and indoor and outdoor pools ranging from 26-38 degrees. Some have sulphur in them, and they are each for something different, but happy confused me spent most of her time in the outdoor 38degree pool. The architecture of the building is Ottoman/Turkish, and it is painted bright white and yellow, with fountains and statues (such as a women being fondled by a swan). The only downside was that I forgot my flip-flops and I hope I do not catch some horrible foot plague (they actually had a foot DISENFECTANT station, so I hope that I managed to kill any scary germies there, if there were any)

After the bathhouse (the other two are woman/men only sectioned, so I assume the bathing suits are not necessary. I thought I would start slow today, because being naked AND confused takes a lot of energy) I sat in the park under a tree and dried off, and then went to visit the Fun Park.

Lucky me, the park was not fully operational, so admission was free! The ride I wanted to try - an antique merry-go-round, with horses which have to be manually rocked- was open, so after a spin on that I headed on this cafe search.

That is all, must finish printing, and then find somewhere to eat. This area - the Jewish quarter of Budapest - is mostly closed, as it is YK tonight, so probably downtown... as long as there is not tons of walking...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home