...Adventure begins...

Saturday, July 21, 2007

A Bang in Madrid

So, one of my 5 male roommates and I found ourselves wandering the streets of downtown Madrid at 1 am last night. To either side of us were tourists and locals alike, practically SODDEN with drink. The PT guy an I had not been drinking (I forget his name, Curtis, maybe? But he is a PT guy back in the USA). It was a little late for touring. So, what WERE we doing?...

I will not draw out the suspense, because I have a great deal of reading to do today. Last night, at 1:01 am, the last Harry Potter book was released. Now, I am not a die hard fan (The PT guy bought 3, so compared to him, I barely know who HP is), but I saw the line at the bookstore when I was walking back to the Hostel at 10, and at a quarter to one, PT guy and I decided that if there was no sleep to be had, we might as well have an adventure. It was good that we had an activity that took us away from the hotel room for a while, for the Saloon (yes, an old west salloon in MADRID) was loud. Remember the song Cotton Eye Joe? Well, I certainly do now, I must have heard it 6 times last night! And a strange German mountain song, too...the salloon even had salloon girls shaking their practically bare bottoms at the crowd, and a wild west drunkard, who stumbled through the crowd with blacked stubble, spurs and a fake bottle of whiskey (He was probably the only person besides us who was ot actually drunk, as later in the night he put on a skillful fire juggling show. Also, I am sure, a staple of the old west(

But back to Harry Potter. The bookstore was mad. The crowd was dressed up, with a circle of lose-oops, I mean FANS touching wands seconds before the books were unveiled. Madness! But now, I have a book to read. If I can get through it before I have to catch my plane, I can return tit to the store, who no doubt is sold out already, and will not have to carry it.

...And about my bang? I DID get one, from a skillful guy named Max. But alas, this bang is in no way of a sexual nature (so don't worry, mum) it is simply the haircut I had dreamed of for the past 3 weeks. Hurrah! Only cost 4 euros too, for a little snipping! (Hee hee, yes, I PAID Max for the bang...and tipped him too, he was so good!)

1 Comments:

  • At 3:11 AM, Blogger ChannahShira said…

    Oooo! Please post a photo of your new look!

    I love reading about your adventures! I haven't figured out what PT stands for. Physical Training? Physiotherapist? Maybe that's it!

    QB had another adventure today. No matter what I do, he still escapes. Luckily Andrew was home and he caught him.
    I sent you a longer message through NSP.

    Enjoy Hogwarts. It seems as if the whole world is enjoying it now.

    Congrats on selling your books. Lucky travellers to have your book during their adventures.

    Have fun in Italia!

    Love you lots!

    PS Each time I try to leave you a message, blogspot doesn't recognize my name or password. I have to recreate it each time. Oh well. At least I know what to do.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home