...Adventure begins...

Sunday, July 22, 2007

Oh, FUCK *or* WHO wrote a travel guide?

Bona sear from lovel Novafeltria Italy!

I am here (yay!)
My passport is here (yay!)
My camera is here too (yay!)

However, not all is here. My handbag seems to be missing from my suitcase. It was the best, handbag too, came free in a Cosmo magazine in London last week when I was passing through. It was black, and lined with black and white, with the cutest little buttons...Lost!

And, of course, if my bag is missing than the contents also have run away somewhere. Hey! I think I have remembered where! I BET the things are in the hotel in Milan...I was barely awake when I stumbled out of the hotel this morning...
I will get the telephone guy to call them

Anyway, besides my great bag I am missing 30 Euros, 2 pairs of sunglasses, my driver's license and my VISA and debit card. Damn, damn damn!!

At least I am not a complete idiot, since
1- I have backup cash (hurrah!)
2- I have insurance (hurrah!!)
3- All I have to buy for the next month are groceries pretty much (hurrah!)

And maybe it is in the hotel after all.

But that is not all...
My suitcase has completely degenerated. I should have guessed that would happen, as the twin to it died not long ago. I had hopes, though, that this bag could survive the journey. This is in fact the second bag that has broken this week. One of the straps fell off the great black bag I use ALL THE TIME. It can be fixed (I hope), but has been a pain in the ass to haul all around.

The part of the suitcase that is raised - the black plastic bar - fell off. The hand strap also fell off. There is no way to pull the case. No way to lift the case. No way to ANYTHING the case. Why MEE!!??!?!

That is all, I am in Novafeltria now. It is almost 9 pm and is still 30 degrees. You can imagine how hit the day gets. Also there are apparently masses of mosquitos here (Although thus far I have seen only one). I cannot WAIT to see what gets swollen first (um, that is sarcasm).

I am wishing I was at home. I LOVED that driver's license picture. And it is too BRIGHT to have no sunglasses. At least I have the backup cash (although it is not in Euro currency) and another VISA card, as it is safer to have them in 2 different places always.


Cry. WHY is it always MEE

2 Comments:

  • At 10:20 PM, Blogger Wendy said…

    Oh sissy! These are called ADVENTURES...aren't they? I am enjoying reading your blog, although I wish we could talk and e-mail more. I miss my sis. Anyway, things are well here. Nothing really exciting. G moved into his new house, and I am spending a lot of time there. There are new ppl arriving at work and others leaving to go back to Canada all the time. It is a transition time. No list yet. I will tell you when it comes out. Miss you! -W

     
  • At 8:50 AM, Blogger la petite lotte said…

    How's the situation going? I hope you get your stuff back!!!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home