...Adventure begins...

Monday, July 23, 2007

In Novafeltria

So I am in Novafeltria. The town is gorgeous. It is too hot though to appreciate anything. 37 degrees at 4 pm, which for some reason is the hottest hour of the day (it was only 35 degrees at noon)

I still have no bank card, and when I exchanged my American dollars I was quite dismayed at the exchange rate. All is not lost, however. With my emergency credit card and my 20pound note I should be able to get by for ages. And I am not even spending any money now, since the landlord offered to let me use his computer for email. Hurrah, 1 Euro saved for gelato tomorrow!

My sunscreen and sunglasses are missing. My GOOD CLINIQUE sunscreen as well as the ombrelle. The pharmacies were closed today, but tomorrow I have to go on a little shopping.

Lets see, what else. My first coaching is tomorrow. Almost everyone here will be going to my school next year, so I am making a bunch of friends even before classes start! There was a market in the square today selling underware and bathing suits and crockery. Aldo fruit, and I have VERY MUCH been enjoying my new watermelon!

Okay, I should not impose on this nice landlord (His wife brought up wine and prichuitto sandwiched earlier today...too bad prischutto is HAM) and they are so nice.. okay, I am too hot to make sense. I handwashed all of my clothes today and my hands REEK of zero. I hate the smell of zero. Also they are sort of burning...

That is all, basta!

1 Comments:

  • At 3:24 PM, Blogger Jules said…

    I have a friend in Novafeltria. According to my friend,it is beautiful but has had the same problem with the bank machine and getting access to money as well as having difficulty with how to use a calling card because everything is in Italian.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home