...Adventure begins...

Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The hottest city ever

I am melting. MELTING. This little city melting in the mountains is so, so hot. Yesterday the temperature went up to 38 degrees. The day before that, 40. Today it is at about 36 or 37. How do people LIVE in heat this intense?

I am thinking of taking the hour-long bus to Rimini tomorrow or friday. Not because I want to go to Rimini, (although I DO... sunglasses here are 80 Euros.. this, the land of well-made knock-off designer sunglasses, and none have made it into the mountains yet) but because the big motorcoach looks air conditioned. Oh, if it IS...
Also, Rimini is on the Adriatic sea, whoch means a beachy day or two is in my future.

I had Italian class this morning, where we discussed films. I think fun discussions will soon segue into evil verbs. Funny, though, I used the word 'edifice' in class and EVERYBODY looked at me blankly. Seriously, has NOBODY heard that word before??

It is honestly too hot to type much, and I am thinking in Italian more and more while I am here (and losing important English words). So, ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home